Sri Lanka ser frem til pavebesøg

(FILES) In this photograph taken on April 18, 2014, Sri Lankan Christian devotees take part in the annual Way of the Cross ritual, which symbolises the final journey of Jesus Christ before he was crucified, during a Good Friday service in Colombo. The Vatican said July 29, 2014, that Pope Francis will travel to Sri Lanka and the Philippines in January 2015,  for his second trip to a continent where evangelisation is a big priority for Catholic Church.   AFP PHOTO/ LAKRUWAN WANNIARACHCHI
(FILES) In this photograph taken on April 18, 2014, Sri Lankan Christian devotees take part in the annual Way of the Cross ritual, which symbolises the final journey of Jesus Christ before he was crucified, during a Good Friday service in Colombo. The Vatican said July 29, 2014, that Pope Francis will travel to Sri Lanka and the Philippines in January 2015, for his second trip to a continent where evangelisation is a big priority for Catholic Church. AFP PHOTO/ LAKRUWAN WANNIARACHCHI. Foto: Lakruwan Wanniarachchi/AFP/Scanpix.

Katolikkerne i Sri Lanka modtog i tirsdags en nyhed, som for mange af dem sikkert vil være den bedst tænkelige: Pave Frans kommer på besøg. Vatikanet meddelte, at den katolske kirkes overhoved besøger Sri Lanka og Filippinerne i januar næste år. Nyheden vakte glæde mange steder blandt andet her i en kirke i Sri Lankas hovedstad, Colombo. Foto: Lakruwan Wanniarachchi/AFP/Scanpix.